Safety at Sea – Refresher Course
|Course requirement||STCW recommended|
|Duration in hours||32|
The aim of this course is to ensure that our seafarers both deck and engine are refreshed in parts of the STCW mandatory requirements for national and flag state licenses. The course will direct the seafarer to grasp the importance of being updated about these aspects of the mandatory training, with a view to being able to carry outsuch tasks in a practical and professional manner if and when required.
The course is designed for seafarers who are required by the STCW convention and whom are assigned specific duties and responsibilities contained in the convention.
The scope of the course syllabus will include:
- Practical Survival Techniques, including lifeboat, life raft and rescue boat operation
- Fire prevention and advanced fire fighting practical exercises
- Medical first aid and medical care theory and practical work with suitablequalified medical professionals
Trainees completing the course will gain hands on experience together with theoretical training in above areas, and will also include reasons and need for such training. Gain a better understanding of practical issues both with STCW requirements.
The course is open to seafarers who are required by the STCW convention and whom are assigned specific duties and responsibilities contained in the convention.
- Personal survival
- Lifeboat and rescue boat operations
- Life raft handling, helicopter rescue
- Fire prevention and advanced fire fighting
- Medical First Aid
- Medical Care